Our Sustainable Practices
We know that the world has finite sources and that our actions towards the environment matter, which is why sustainability is important to us - it drives our business development and purchasing decisions. As a small business owner, it can be overwhelming to research supplies and suppliers, but taking the time to find eco-friendly options is a commitment we’ve made from day one (we share in our process that it took approx. 2 months to test and find the right cardstock for our cards, when it would have been quicker to stop at a less eco-friendly option!).
While individual actions are important, it’s also the responsibility of large businesses to make meaningful change and lead the way. While we’re still a young business, our hope is that as we grow this commitment to sustainability will be woven into our DNA.
Wondering how our products are eco-friendly? Here’s some things you need to know!
- All cards are printed on card stock that’s made from 100% post consumer waste - this means that no new trees were cut down to create this paper! It’s also the same cardstock we use on our sticker backings and thank you cards.
- The card stock is also acid-free and chlorine-free
- It is made using biogas energy - Biogas is a local, renewable and widely available energy source that would be lost if not utilized. It has reduced the paper company’s CO2 emissions by 70,000 tons annually.
- Ancient forest friendly - Ancient Forest Friendly™ paper is free of ancient or endangered forest fiber, made with more than 50% recycled fiber, and whitened without chlorine.
- Rainforest Alliance certified - this certification indicates quality and commitment to effective conservation and sustainability practices
- Lastly, we package all cards/stickers in an eco-clear, compostable sleeve that is plastic-free and instead made with plant-based PLA (an alternative to traditional petroleum-based plastics made from plant starches, such as corn)
- We work with Zap Creatives as a production partner for all stickers. All stickers are made with responsibly sourced papers from managed woodlands and are 100% PVC-free (a type of plastic) and 100% recyclable. They are backed with a water based permanent acrylic adhesive.
- They are matte, weather and water resistant.
- They even send their orders with Jiffy’s green range of mailers, which are made with a minimum of 75% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable, compostable and biodegradable after use.