My Christmas (Greeting Card) List
I can hardly believe we’re almost at the end of 2022… and I don’t think I’m the only one!?
The end of the year is often a time of reflection, and one of my favourite year-end activities is writing out Christmas cards to friends, family, fellow business-owners and clients. It's a great time to not only share well wishes for the holidays, but to note how grateful I am for all we’ve shared in the past year. It’s such a simple yet meaningful way to remind the special people in our life that they’re loved/appreciated/cared for. So without further ado...
Here's 5 people (and prompts) to include on your Christmas Card list this year ❤️
A best friend:
This one might be a bit obvious, but when you speak often to your BFF (especially through text or face to face), it’s easy to let hand writing a card slip through the cracks!
- Prompt: Take a moment to share a funny or meaningful memory for the past year. Finish off by detailing why you're grateful to have them in your life.
- Bonus add-on: include a printed-out photo to add to the reminiscing.
- Card: Warm Wishes Card (especially if you’re planning an ugly Christmas sweater party 🎉)
Your colleague/partner in crime:
If you work in an office, you might be lucky enough to have that one go-to person to vent, share a coffee break, and most importantly proof-read an email when you’ve already re-read it for the millionth time.
- Prompt: share how grateful you are to have them in your corner (especially if you have a high-stress job) and get specific on the ways in which they’ve been helpful.
- Bonus add-on: include a gift card for their favourite coffee shop.
- Card: Floral Merry Christmas Card / Season’s Greetings Card
Your dog-walker / Dachshund-loving friend:
Okay I couldn’t not include this one - how can you resist a cute dog in a Christmas sweater!?
- Prompt: If you have a dog-walker, share this “wishing you a dach-ing holiday season” card to express your thanks for taking care of your furry friend. Don’t have a dog walker but know someone with a dachshund? Keep it simple with some holiday well-wishes - you can never go wrong.
- Bonus add-on: include a gift certificate for a pedicure to rest their dog-walking feet OR if they have dogs of their own, some of their favourite dog treats.
- Card: Wishing you a Dach-ing Holiday Season Card
For this person, couple or family, I’d suggest our “Sweet Wishes” Christmas card paired with a few sweet treats… think sugar cookies, a box of chocolates, or hot chocolate bombs.
- Prompt: if you're including treats with the card (whether homemade or from your favourite local bakery) wish them the sweetest holiday with this unbeatable duo. Throw in some "irresistible" puns for good measure (thanks for being such sweet neighbours, etc.).
- Card: Sweet Wishes Holiday Card
Our snowy “Season’s Greetings” card featuring a picturesque winter home is perfect for the friend or family member who have purchased a new home within the past year.
- Prompt: congratulate them on their space while ALSO wishing them a joyous season in their new home!
- Bonus add-on: for a pet-free home, include a housewarming poinsettia plant, otherwise a pet-safe Christmas cactus in a cute pot would be a unique add-on!
- Card: Season’s Greetings Home Card
Want to keep writing?
Here’s an extra list of 10 people to include on your holiday card list this year:
- Closest friends & family
- Small businesses you frequent/purchase from
- Mail person
- Beauty/salon techs
- Friends you may have lost touch with
- Local barista
- Personal Care Worker/Home staff
Did you know... All our cards are buy 5 get one free? It's the perfect way to select your own bundle! Just add 5 cards to your card, and the discount will appear automatically. If you'd like a pre-assembled assorted set, check out our colourful set and classic set.
You don't need to write a novel (unless you want to, of course). You can keep it super simple with a short message - it's truly the thought that counts. Grab a cup of coffee/hot chocolate/tea, put on your favourite festive playlist (I've been loving Cozy Christmas Jazz lately), and get writing.
Let me know below who's on your Christmas card list ☺️
Leave a comment